Directed by: Don Briard Musical Direction by: Joan Kobel
When:Monday, October 24 and Wednesday, October 26 from 7:00 pm * All Covid-19 protocols will be strictly adhered to
Where: Metro Theatre, 1370 SW Marine Drive, Vancouver
Susy Hendrix, a recently blinded housewife unwittingly possesses a doll filled with illicit drugs her husband inadvertently brings home. Harry Roat, a brutal and sophisticated criminal, coerces two small-time thugs into helping him con Susy into giving up the doll. A battle of wits ensues as Susy and the young girl upstairs launch a counterplot against the thieves.
Show Run Dates:
Thursday to Sunday, February 17 to March 05, 2023 Sunday matinees are February 19, February 26, and March 05
Cast and Production Teams
ex-convict, guilty of an extortion scam
ex-convict, Mike’s former partner in the scam
Harry Roat Jr
vicious upper level drug dealer
recently blinded woman, 25 to 35, relatively recently married
Susy’s husband (small role)
neighbour girl, must be able to play 10 to 15 year old
patrol officer (very small part—only one short scene)
Five male identifying, one female identifying & one young female identifying.
The ages of the characters not specified are fairly open, but the ages must suit the relationships in the script.
After a November readthrough, rehearsals will run from December 17 through until opening night. Two weeknights and one weekend afternoon, with the heaviest schedule starting in January.
All cast and crew must provide proof of vaccination. All provincial public health orders will be strictly adhered to.
Note: This is a NON-EQUITY production.
All roles at Metro Theatre, are Volunteer positions. People will be seen on a first come/first served basis, but be prepared that you may have to sit around and wait as you may be needed to read opposite someone else who is auditioning.
Ethno-cultural casting statement: We encourage submissions from artists with a broad range of backgrounds including, but not limited to: race, ethnicity, indigeneity, gender, and sexuality. We encourage anyone to audition for any role as we will be casting on who is best for the role.
Resume and Headshots:
○ Please note any conflicts with auditions/callbacks or the run at this time. ○ Please let us know if there is a specific part you are interested in.
You can indicate your interest in “WAIT UNTIL DARK” by:
and submitting it along with the online Application Form
• You can SUBMIT your interest using the PRINT out the Fillable Audition Form and bring it and your headshot and resume with you to the audition.
• Auditions will be cold readings from the script; the director will choose which scenes the group will read. Drop in, no appointment necessary. Open to all ethnicities.
• Auditions are for NON-EQUITY productions. All roles at Metro Theatre, are Volunteer positions. People will be seen on a first come/first served basis, but be prepared that you may have to wait after being seen as you may be needed to read opposite someone else who is auditioning.
• If you are cast, you will be required to become a Member of Metro Theatre and your 12-month Membership Fee of $20 will be collected at the first read-through.
• It is expected that actors must be capable of playing the age specified, be capable of speaking with expected accents, be able to utilize musical and dancing skills, when the part requires those skills.
• While experience is preferable it is not essential.
Metro Theatre is collecting personal information about you.
If you are cast in this show, your contact information will be provided to other members of the company.
Unless you ask us not to, you will be added to our mailing list; the information you provide will be made available to directors and other Metro shows for audition and casting purposes.
You may request to be removed from our mailing list at any time.